This policy details how we collect, store, protect and use personal information – that is information that can be used to identify an individual or a company (juristic person) – in connection with the services we may offer through our website (referred to as the “Site”) and through your dealings with us (referred to as the “Services”).
"this website" means https://www.wayfillian.co.za
"the website owner" and "we" means WayFillian (Pty) Ltd
"user" means any person accessing any part of the website
Who is processing your data?
The data is processed by us, with the following contact details:
WayFillian (Pty) Ltd
Future Space offices
2 Bruton Road
General Email: email@example.com
As the Operator or Processor
As the Controller or Responsible Party
What is personal information?
Personal information includes:
Additional information captured on the website that does not classify as personal information may also be collected and processed, including but not limited to:
- certain information that is collected automatically when you visit our website,
- certain information collected on engaging our Services;
- certain information collected on submission; and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily.
Status and Amendments
- anonymised information,
- de-identified information that cannot be associated with an individual,
- statistical information,
- information that is public knowledge, which has been publicly and voluntarily disclosed.
Collection of personal data
Where personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and credit card information) is submitted to the site by the user, for example through sending an e-mail or filling in required fields, the following principles are observed in the handling of that information:
Collection of anonymous data
- This website collects, processes and stores only such personal information regarding users as is necessary to provide the services offered. The specific purpose for which information is collected is apparent from the context in which it is requested.
- This website will not use the personal information submitted for any other purpose other than the efficient provision of services, including this website and services offered through it by third-parties, without obtaining the prior written approval of the user or unless required to do so by law.
- This website will keep records of all personal information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of one year from the date on which it was last used.
- This website will not disclose any personal information regarding a user to any third-party unless the prior written agreement of the user is obtained or the website is required or permitted to do so by law.
- If information is released with the user's consent this website will retain a record of the information released, the third-party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of one year.
- This website will destroy or delete any personal information under its control which has become obsolete.
- Information collected Our Story users through their use of this website is the property of the website owner.
- The website owner will retain all ownership of and copyright in any database of users' personal information.
- No credit card information is retained or stored by the website owner.
- Note that, as permitted by the ECT Act, this website may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes and trade in these profiles. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
Access to personal data
- In order to provide the best possible and most relevant service, this website may use standard technology to collect information Our Story the use of this site. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows this website to collect statistics.
- This website utilises cookies. A cookie is a small file that is placed on the user's hard drive in order to keep a record of a user's interaction with this website.
- Cookies from this website allow the website owner to tailor advertising and other services to your displayed preferences. The website may use third-party cookies from an ad server for this purpose.
- Cookies by themselves cannot be used to personally identify users but will be used to compile anonymised statistics relating to use of services offered or to provide us with feedback on the performance of this website.
- If a user does not wish cookies to be employed to customise his or her interaction with this website it is possible to alter the manner in which their browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this website may not be available.
Links to other websites
- Where a user believes that personal data concerning them held by the website owner is outdated or incorrect they may request that such personal data be corrected - please contact us. Any request for such a correction must specify both the incorrect data and the proposed correction and must give full reasons for the request.
- Users can request access to any relevant personal data held by the website owner as laid out in the Promotion of Access to Information Act No 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) and where such access is necessary for them to exercise and/or protect any of their rights.
- While reasonable measures are taken to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to this site, this website can not under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by a user or users as a result of the intentional or accidental release of information by an employee of the website owner or any third party.
- Users and/or subscribers are prohibited from releasing their username and/or password to any other person.
Changes to this policy
You have the right to request access to, and rectification or erasure of your personal information. You may also restrict processing, or object to processing in accordance with relevant data protection regulation. In cases where consent was given, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
If you do request that your information is deleted, and should your request be accepted, all information will be permanently erased, except for information that we are required to keep by law or by other exception in line with data privacy regulation. You may exercise your rights at any time by lodging a request at firstname.lastname@example.org